Legislative Agenda for Women-Baton Rouge Meeting
Saturday, September 29, 2018, 1:00PM-4:00PM
Carver Library, 720 Terrace Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Light refreshments will be served.
Registration is encouraged but not required to attend. You may register at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/weXqEcmLv3aIqSvr1.
The Legislative Agenda for Women (LAW) is a coalition of organizations that has been established to develop and support specific legislation to improve and protect the interests of women. As members of groups in our coalition please come out and learn more about the issues we work on together.
There will be presentations on:
- Health Care - Access to & funding for the full range of Healthcare through ACA including Medicaid Expansion & Budget Reform
- Violence Against Women - Preventing and better addressing Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Comprehensive Sexual Health Education
- Economic Security for Women and Families - Equal Pay for Women, Raising the Minimum Wage, Paid Sick and Family Leave, Earned Income Tax Credits & Affordable Quality Childcare
- Equal Rights Amendment-ERA
We will discuss next steps and what you can do to help. Please join us!
BPW – Louisiana Federation of Business and Professional Women’s Clubs, Inc. is a coalition member.
For more info, contact --
Legislative Director, Louisiana NOW
President, NOW Baton Rouge
Co-Chair, Legislative Agenda for Women